- environmental protection
- Health and safety at work
- energy management system
- quality management system
- product stewardship
KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd applies an Environmental Management System taking into account all the necessary legal requirements and information about the significant environmental aspects, in order to promote environmental protection, pollution prevention and continuous development of processes which are more friendly to the environment, while meeting the socio-economic needs of the nearby area.
Based on the respect for the environment, KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd develops its business activity by respecting the principles of sustainability, by promoting environmental awareness and by using economically viable and environmentally Best Available Techniques that are applicable to the sector of chemicals and fertilizers.
For this purpose, the Management of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd, is committed to implement the requirements and maintain the Environmental Policy within the defined scope of the environmental management system of the EN ISO Standard 14001/2015 and to continuously improve its environmental performance, based on effective planning and control of all its activities as follows:
- monitoring and compliance with applicable legal and other requirements that are related to its environmental aspects.
- continuous training, education and motivation of all the staff in order to be involved in environmental protection activities.
- systematic identification, assessment and control of all the environmental aspects and impacts of its activities, products and services.
- minimization and safe disposal of waste, the promotion of recycling and saving raw materials and natural resources.
- minimization of potential environmental accidents and immediate taking of corrective and preventive measures to deal with them.
The Management of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd aims at continuing dialogue on environmental issues with all the partners, the government or non-government organizations, the academic institutions, the local authorities and the society as a whole and encourages the participation of all employees in the implementation of an effective Environmental Management System.
KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd, respecting people and the environment, implements an effective system of Health and Safety at Work, aiming to the prevention of accidents and occupational diseases in the workplace, to the creation of a satisfactory working environment and to the continuous improvement of working conditions of employees.
The consistent principle defining all the activities of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd is the continuous compliance with National and International Regulations of Chemical and Fertilizers Industry, as well as all other relevant rules of Health and Safety at work.
For this purpose, the Management of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd is committed to implement the requirements of the OHSAS Standard 18001/2007 and to continuously improve the operating processes, relying on:
- Implementation of all the valid Laws and Regulations of Health and Safety at work.
- Effective management of occupational risk assessment in workplace according to the strategy reduction of Risks, by preventing, detecting and eliminating the dangerous situations
- Enactment and review of the objective aims for Health and Safety at Work, providing the required resources for their implementation
- Systematic education and training of all the employees to the principles and the practices of Health and Safety at Work, aiming to establish a resembling culture
- Cooperation with the Council of Health and Safety for matters of Health and Safety at work that aim to the continuous improvement of Procedures and conditions at work.
The Policy of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd for Health and Safety at Work, is based on cooperation, consensus and participation of all its personnel. The sense of personal responsibility of each employee is a prerequisite for the effective implementation of a system for the Health and Safety at work and the management of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd encourages all staff in this direction.
POLICY OF HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK
HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK CERTIFICATE
KAVALA FERTILISERS Ltd applies an Energy Management System taking into account all the necessary legal and technical requirements, in order to promote energy saving and a continuous development of processes for waste energy recovery, while using energy efficient materials and methods.
For this purpose, the Management of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd is committed to implement the requirements of the ISO Standard 50001/2011 and to continuously improve its energy performance, based on effective planning and control of all its activities as follows:
- energy planning of activities that affect its energy performance
- determination of energy needs and consumptions
- systematic identification of the improving possibilities of the energy performance of its activities
- installation of appropriate energy indicators to measure and monitor its energy performance
- ensuring the availability of the information and resources needed to achieve the energy objectives and targets
- determination of the legal and other requirements regarding the energy issues of the corporation
- setting specific objectives regarding the efficient use of energy
- definition of criteria for the effective operation and maintenance of equipment with significant energy use consumption
- definition of specifications for the supply of equipment or energy services
- continuous training, education and motivation of all staff to engage in actions for energy improvement.
The Management of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd aims at continuing vigilance of all the partners, the government or non-government organizations, the academic institutions, the local authorities and the society as a whole, with respect to energy issues and encourages the participation of all employees in the implementation of an effective Energy Management System.
The Quality Policy of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd is an elemental key of the Company's Strategy Planning.
The Quality Management System of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd follows the International Standard ISO-9001:2015, which aims to constantly improve the quality of our company’s products and is developing on a daily basis in the context of new technological improvements that are imposed by the trends of the market.
The main objective of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd is:
- The design, production and marketing of chemical products with high added value, in a secure and creative working environment, in full compliance with the requirements of the Customers, with respect to legislative and regulatory requirements for the production and distribution of such products in Greece, European Union or any other State, while respecting the principles of Safety and Environmental Protection.
- The complete and permanent satisfaction of our customers.
- The continuous improvement of the quality of our products and services.
- The diffusion and consolidation of our Quality Philosophy throughout the whole range of our Company's activities.
To achieve these goals KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd provides:
- Employees with high level of education.
- Excellent organized administration and hierarchy.
- Advanced technology production process.
- Sets quality objectives and regularly reviews the results of progress.
The Administration of KAVALA FERTILIZERS Ltd is committed to supporting the implementation in order to meet the applicable requirements and the continuous improvement of the Quality Management System.
The Quality Policy is known and applied by all employees of the Company.
The Policy of Integrated Responsible Product Management of KAVALA FERTILIZERS LTD, is part of the company’s culture for sustainable and ethical entrepreneurship, which includes all activities aimed at minimizing the impact of products on health, safety, environment and society within the whole product life cycle.
The Policy of Integrated Responsible Product Management of KAVALA FERTILIZERS LTD, ensures that fertilizers, their raw materials, their additives and intermediates are processed, manufactured, handled, stored, distributed and used in a proper and responsible way with respect for health, occupational and public safety and environment.
In order to significantly contribute to the creation of a safer, cleaner and more sustainable environment for human and planet, the Management of KAVALA FERTILIZERS LTD, is committed to:
- Handle the environmental and social impacts of its products - by a systematic assessment of any potential risks to health, safety, environment and society within the product life cycle and by acting in time, so as to prevent or diminish the potential impacts.
- Actively promote, continuously improve and act, according to the fundamental values of the Standards of the Integrated Responsible Product Management, including all applicable legal requirements.
- Develop innovative products and processes – by investing in research and development, through the design of innovative and safer products, thus reducing their environmental footprint and also seeking ways to reduce the consumption of water and energy and the production of waste.
- Improve the performance of the staff, by investing in dialogue, education, development and communication, in order to ensure the expertise of the employees. Having set the goal of "zero damage" and "zero accidents", the company’s continuous pursuit is to improve health and safety indicators.
- Interact with Stakeholders - by promoting continuous, open and honest dialogue with all Stakeholders, aiming at creating sustainable relationships that lead to common benefits while sharing common responsibilities to minimize the impact of its products on health, security, environment and society.
- Maintain best practices and techniques – the management of activities is in accordance to internationally recognized standards for work, health, safety and environment, as well as in accordance to applicable laws and regulations, having always as target the reconsidering and overcoming of objectives required by law.
The top Management of KAVALA FERTILIZERS LTD, has a strategic role in fully implementing this Policy, by ensuring the involvement of all employees and partners and by the harmonization of their behavior with the values embodied in this Policy.